How do I get set up to pay my rent?
1. To pay your rent through Cozy, you'll need your landlord to invite you. Once they've invited you, we'll send you an email to let you know. You'll want to click the "Set up Payments" button in the email, or else log into your Cozy account.
2. If you don't have a Cozy Renter account yet, go ahead and sign up for one. If you already have one, click on "Please sign in" to sign into your account.
3. Once you've logged in, click on "Set Up Payments" to get started.
4. First, you'll need to add a payment account. You can add a credit or debit card, or you can connect a checking account. If you're using a card to make payments, or if you link your checking account by using your bank login, you'll be ready to pay as soon as you've added it. If you add your account by typing in your account and routing number, you'll need to verify the account first. This can take at least 1-2 business days.
5. Next, if your landlord has requested any Move-In Costs (like a security deposit or prorated rent), you'll schedule those payments. You can set the amount that you'd like to pay towards each cost, and then the date you want your payments to begin processing, and the account you'd like to pay from.
6. Finally, you'll set up your automatic Monthly Rent payments. Set the amount you want to pay each month, and the day of the month that you'd like to start processing your payments. If you have roommates, they'll each set up payments in the amount that they've agreed to pay. Keep in mind that card payments take 2-3 business days and ACH payments take about 5 business days to deposit to your landlord.
7. After you've gone through all the setup steps, you'll be asked to review your information. Once you're sure it's right, click "Confirm and Submit" to complete your setup!
Note: If you're using a checking account to make payments, you'll need to verify your bank account.